Application Crash - Need Help RRS feed

• Question

• I have an MFC based SDI Visual Studio 2005 application that runs fine in HP machines. But this application crashes in DELL machines after running for 2 to 3 minutes with an exception that indicates problem with msvcr80.dll. The DELL machines have msvcr80.dll already in them. So what could be the problem? The system run on WinXP SP1. Will there be any difference between the HP and DELL OEM versions of WinXP ?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    Thursday, June 5, 2008 4:19 AM

Answers

• The hardware is not the problem here. You have to tell us more about the application. Also try to get crash dumps and use WinDbg.exe to analyze them. There are useful tool in the Windows Debugging Tools from Microsoft.
    Microsoft MVP VC++ | www.mariusbancila.ro | www.mariusbancila.ro/blog
    • Marked as answer by Yan-Fei Wei Wednesday, June 11, 2008 5:09 AM
    Thursday, June 5, 2008 5:41 AM

All replies

• The hardware is not the problem here. You have to tell us more about the application. Also try to get crash dumps and use WinDbg.exe to analyze them. There are useful tool in the Windows Debugging Tools from Microsoft.
    Microsoft MVP VC++ | www.mariusbancila.ro | www.mariusbancila.ro/blog
    • Marked as answer by Yan-Fei Wei Wednesday, June 11, 2008 5:09 AM
    Thursday, June 5, 2008 5:41 AM
  •  

Hello

Re:  Application Crash - Need Help

I am going to mark this thread as answered since you have not followed up with any further information on your problem as requested - I assume you solved the problem yourself or one of the suggestions in this thread helped you solved the problem. If you have a solution you could post it so others can find it. If you don’t have a solution, then please submit further details and then mark the thread as unanswered.

Thanks!

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Wednesday, June 11, 2008 5:09 AM