none
Where can i get the definition of the mesh in IFaceModel? RRS feed

• Question

• I know that the Face Tracking SDK of Kinect v1 is creating a Candide-3 mesh, it has 113 vertices

now the IFaceModel from Kinect SDK v2 has 1347 vertices, and i can't find any document that tells any detail about this model. also can't find any information about how those 17 animation units (defines in enum FaceShapeAnimation) and 70 shape units (defines in enum FaceShapeDeformations) related to the IFaceModel.

My guess is that it's got more accurate to the MPEG-4 Face, it is correct? 

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 9:40 AM

Answers

• In terms of the model, you can export the vertices without transformation based on the HDFaceBasics sample. You can use code from KinectFusionExplorer sample on how to export to stl/obj as an example of that.

As for the deformations, what exactly are you looking for? Are you looking for an outline of which vertices effected by each SU/AU? I will check with the team on the request.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 5:37 PM

All replies

• In terms of the model, you can export the vertices without transformation based on the HDFaceBasics sample. You can use code from KinectFusionExplorer sample on how to export to stl/obj as an example of that.

As for the deformations, what exactly are you looking for? Are you looking for an outline of which vertices effected by each SU/AU? I will check with the team on the request.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 5:37 PM
  • Yes, That's what i'm looking for!

Thank you for reply.

Thursday, October 16, 2014 10:20 AM
  • I submitted the request to get a documentation update, but no timeline for deliverable.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Thursday, October 16, 2014 5:08 PM
  • In this documentation, please specify if any standards were leverage or used.

Particularly...

* compatibility or a translation to Kinect v1 AU and SUs

* Candide 1/2/3

* MPEG-4 facial

If no standard was used, please document (wiht pictures) the new proprietary facepoints, shape animations, and shape deformations (e.g. FaceShapeDeformations_PCA08 and FaceShapeDeformations_MouthBag36 are both non-helpful).

--Dale

Monday, November 3, 2014 1:24 AM