none
COM interop and CLSCTX_ENABLE_CLOAKING RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to create out-of-proc COM object while thread is impersonating (analog of native CLSCTX_ENABLE_CLOAKING)?
    Tuesday, May 6, 2014 3:54 AM

All replies

• Hello,

>>Is it possible to create out-of-proc COM object while thread is impersonating (analog of native CLSCTX_ENABLE_CLOAKING)?

If I understand correctly, you want to create the out-of-proc COM object in a process like a C# application.

If it is, then I think you can use Serviced Components

For detail, you can check this link:

http://stackoverflow.com/a/446438

If I misunderstand, please let me know.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, May 6, 2014 9:55 AM
  • Hello,

It seems that my reply does not help you, for this, I am trying to invoke someone experienced to help look into it.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 5:58 AM
  • Hi Alex,

If I understand correctly, you want to implement impersonation in your application.

COM+ provides facilities to enable various levels of impersonation. Impersonation is configured administratively, but you also must provide support for impersonation with the code of your application's components. For a description of impersonation and issues concerning its use, see Client Impersonation and Delegation.

Also a KB article for your reference How to implement impersonation in an ASP.NET application.

If I misunderstand, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, June 5, 2014 2:21 AM