none
How to use single orchestration with single receive and send port to select different parties in BizTalk server 2009 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I am having an X12 map and orchestration for 837P Outbound process in BizTalk server 2009. I am using a Receive port to KickOff the Orchestration. And I am having a Send port to store the Outbound files. But I have to generate 837P files for more than one vendor. For each vendor the ISA06 and ISA08 are different. How can I select the required party for the outbound process for different vendor. If I create three Parties for three of my vendors and if I select the same Send port for all the three parties and if I use a single Receive port to KickOff the orchestration, how can I select the Party based on my vendor. Should I have to select the Send Port dynamically or is there any other way to select the party to create my ISA and GS segments. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Monday, August 17, 2009 7:04 PM

Answers

• Hi,
        Party resolution for send side happens in following ways:

To perform party resolution, BizTalk Server proceeds as follows:

1. Resolves the party by matching the context property DestinationPartyName with the name of a party. This property can be set in a custom component; it is not set by BizTalk Server.
    2. If step 1 does not succeed, resolves the party by matching the sender qualifier and identifier, and receiver qualifier and identifier, in the context of a message with those in party properties. These properties can be set in a custom component; they are not set by BizTalk Server. For more information, see below.
    3. If step 2 does not succeed, and the DestinationPartyName property is promoted, or the sender qualifier and identifier and receiver qualifier and identifier properties are promoted, then BizTalk Server suspends the interchange.
    4. If step 2 does not succeed, and neither the DestinationPartyName property nor the sender qualifier and identifier and receiver qualifier and identifier properties are promoted, BizTalk Server resolves the party by matching the send port that subscribed to the message with the send port associated with a party.

note Note
      If the same send port is associated with multiple parties, BizTalk Server will generate an error.

5. If no party is found in steps 1, 2, or 3, the send pipeline uses the global party properties (its default pipeline properties) to generate the outgoing message.

So By promoting these properties in Orchestration you can resolve parties.

Thanks
    Gyan
    If this answers your question, please mark it as "Answered".
    • Marked as answer by RSubha Friday, August 21, 2009 2:54 AM
    Wednesday, August 19, 2009 6:44 AM