How do I execute code on my HOST-pc (instead smart device) to prepare external host resources previous testing? RRS feed

• Question

• HI

I explain with an really example. I have a SQL Server instance on my Host PC. I attach this SQL instance from my smart device code project testing for retrieving data with SQL Client Mobile. I need to prepare the environment  and execute code on my host side, like obtain a copy of a special DB file .mdf for testings operations and attach it to my Host SQL instance for query from my testing operations.

¿Any body knows how do it?

Any help could be appreciated.
    Julio Trujillo Leon. Microsoft Certified Professional Developer. .NET Developer and TFS admin. . Please, if my contribution is useful for you press on "useful button" Por favor, si les ha sido útil pulsen en "el mensaje ha sido útil" .
    Friday, February 26, 2010 7:06 AM

Answers

• I am not sure I can fully understand what you are trying to do, but maybe RAPI can help. RAPI is

"The Remote API (RAPI) library enables applications that run on a desktop to perform actions on a remote Windows Embedded CE-based device. "

If you use .NET Framework, there is a managed wrapper for RAPI in OpenNETCF (http://www.opennetcf.com/library/communication/).  

Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community.
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Thursday, March 4, 2010 5:27 AM
    Monday, March 1, 2010 9:33 AM