none
Compile Error - Enterprise Library with SQL Server Compact Edition RRS feed

• Question

• When attempting to use the Enterprise Library Data Access Application Block with SQL Server Compact Edition I receive the following compile error:

Error 1 Assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.SqlCe, Version=3.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' uses 'System.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=9.0.242.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' which has a higher version than referenced assembly 'System.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' c:\Program Files\Microsoft Enterprise Library 3.1 - May 2007\Bin\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.SqlCe.dll

I don't seem to have a System.Data.SqlServerCe DLL with version 9.0.242.0. How do I correct this?
    Friday, January 4, 2008 11:51 PM

Answers

• Fixed it, you need to reference this version of the DLL...

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition\v3.1

Not any other version, including the one in the Visual Studio reference dialog.

Monday, January 7, 2008 5:26 PM

All replies

• B/c of all the name and version changes, it's probably something with that. Which versino of SqlServerCe do you have (the dll version?)

Sunday, January 6, 2008 6:54 AM
  • Specifically which DLL are you asking about?

Monday, January 7, 2008 4:54 PM
  • Fixed it, you need to reference this version of the DLL...

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition\v3.1

Not any other version, including the one in the Visual Studio reference dialog.

Monday, January 7, 2008 5:26 PM