Problem with generating PDF RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using Winnovative Pdf Creator library to generating pdf from HTML string in asp.net application. On my dev application it works fine - all fonts are generated fine but in production envrioment pdf (fonts) is generated as bitmap - so when I zoom in pdf fonts are not scalable it just looks like image (bitmap). I don't know if server requires more configuration for it, I checked and server has all required fonts, I don't know what should I do more to generat pdf correctly as text and not bitmap?

Thanx for any help.

Saturday, February 15, 2014 10:53 AM

Answers

•  Hi,

Thanx for help but I found the way how to generate PDF quickly by using: wkhtmltopdf.exe console application. I am using this one as Process and next set many arguments for showing pdf correctly. Finally I am getting array of bytes which use in HttpResponse class and display in the browser quickly.

I recommend this tool for big pdf's and it's easy to use.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 9:32 AM

All replies

• I checked on production env and more fonts ends with 0, like "Times New Roman" has times_0.ttf or arial has "arial_0.ttf". Is it ok?
    Saturday, February 15, 2014 11:42 AM
  • Anybody can help me with this issue?
    Sunday, February 16, 2014 8:21 AM
  • why don't you contact their Support? they may have a solution

• Edited by Pradish.MP Sunday, February 16, 2014 12:27 PM ed
    Sunday, February 16, 2014 12:27 PM
  • Hello,

According you description,   It may use IE as html render,  Please check you IE version in production evnvironment.

-----------------------------------------
     if the reply help you mark it as your answer.
     Free Managed .NET Word Component(Create, Modify, Convert & Print)
    Monday, February 17, 2014 1:23 AM
  •  Hi,

Thanx for info, I checked this one and the problem was in application pool which I used. When I changed from "ApplicationPool" to "Network Service" it looks ok, but I have another problem;/

Some pdf's have many data and has f.ex. 300 pages so time for showing pdf in browser is long (~15 minutes!). Is there any way to show pdf partly in the browser?

Thanx for any info.

• Edited by CaMeL023 Monday, February 17, 2014 8:14 AM
    Monday, February 17, 2014 8:14 AM
  • Hi Camel,

Please refer to the following link to see the code sample for showing pdf partial in Browser.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13721529/pdf-viewer-in-mvc-to-show-the-pdf-contents-in-view.

By the way, please post new thread on this forum. Mark sure our discussion are related you first post.

Hope useful.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 7:30 AM
  •  Hi,

Thanx for help but I found the way how to generate PDF quickly by using: wkhtmltopdf.exe console application. I am using this one as Process and next set many arguments for showing pdf correctly. Finally I am getting array of bytes which use in HttpResponse class and display in the browser quickly.

I recommend this tool for big pdf's and it's easy to use.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 9:32 AM