porting CCF 2005 code to a CCF 2008 setup and CCF 2008 codebase RRS feed

• Question

• I have attempted to port CCF 2005 SP1 code to a CCF 2008 setup and using the CCF 2008 code base and when I try to add a new hosted application(ie a .NET hosted control) I get an error from the administration console. The error in the Event Viewer's Application log is:

ListenerConfiguration has encountered a problem while trying to access the Configuration web service. Could not find default endpoint element that references contract 'Microsoft.Ccf.Common.ConfigurationService.Configuration' in the ServiceModel client configuration section. This might be because no configuration file was found for your application, or because no endpoint element matching this contract could be found in the client element.

Any ideas where to start looking?

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 6:53 AM

All replies

• Does the Agent Desktop's App.config file contains the WCF client configuration? It must contain something like this:

Code Snippet

<system.serviceModel>
        <client>
          <endpoint address="http://CCFServerExt/Microsoft.Ccf.Csr.WebServices.ContactCenter/Configuration.svc"
            binding="basicHttpBinding" bindingConfiguration="Binding1"

contract="Microsoft.Ccf.Common.ConfigurationService.Configuration" />

</client>

</system.serviceModel>

If it doesn't, try copying the app.config from the CCF2008 IAD.

Regards,

Sole

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 12:04 PM
  •  

The address, binding and contract fields are exactly the same and even tried copying the app.config file from the CCF 2008 IAD. However, no luck.

Thank you very much anyway.

Any other ideas anyone?

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 2:19 PM
  • Have you changed your machine name by any chance? After renaming our server we are getiing a similair issue. Have not come up with a solution yet.

Monday, May 12, 2008 5:22 PM