Missing Test Runs and Status Resets for all of our tests RRS feed

• Question

• We noticed today that all of our tests that we have already run and passed are now showing as ready. Also some of the test runs performed today do not show in the Analyze Runs. 

One thing my colleague mentioned was that he had previously set a Build in Use to the Test Suite that contains all our tests. Later it gave him an error about that build not being available any more so he removed it from the test suite properties. Would this cause the issue?

Friday, August 13, 2010 5:52 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

On runs not being there, you mentioned that the "Build in Use" was not available. Is there a possibility that the builds that you have associated with the plan with which you have performed your runs today has been deleted by some-one? When you delete a build, it gives you an option to delete all artifacts associated. Test results is one of these. This is checked by default. If the build is deleted, with Test Results checked, all the results (and runs) performed against that build will be gone. Is there a chance that this has happened?

Regards,

Pradeep

Friday, August 13, 2010 6:46 AM
  • Maybe, Where would you delete a build from?
    • Proposed as answer by Josh Wright Friday, August 13, 2010 2:22 PM
    Friday, August 13, 2010 7:26 AM
  • This post is about the same subject, and as Pradeep sugest,  is an result of the build retension policy. THe post also shows how to change the retention policy to keep test results. http://blog.nfocus.co.uk/2010/07/oi-what-happened-to-my-test-results.html

• Proposed as answer by Josh Wright Friday, August 13, 2010 2:22 PM
    • Marked as answer by Nitro52 Sunday, August 15, 2010 8:23 AM
    Friday, August 13, 2010 7:27 AM
  • Thank you Mattias! I knew this was happening from my build retention policy but hadn't considered there were options to delete everything but test results.
    Friday, August 13, 2010 2:22 PM
  • Thanks for the info
    Sunday, August 15, 2010 8:35 AM
  • Hi,

I had the same problem, and changed the build retention policy. It would be great if anyone can suggest how to recover the deleted test results.

Thanks!

Wednesday, December 1, 2010 6:03 AM