none
Sharing Macros with other .MPP users RRS feed

• Question

• I recently created a new project schedule with several convenient marco's that help users automatically change the duration of task based on its predetermined complexity.  I assumed that if I saved the project file as a template (.mpt) that other users would have access to those marcos.  But, after a test, I found that the macro is not following with the schedule (i.e. the other users can't see or use the macros)

Is there a convenient way to embed the macro into the .mpp file itself so that others can use it?  

Thanks!

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 11:16 PM

All replies

• krafty43,

Must be something else going on. I've never tried it with a template but a quick test shows that indeed the macro is saved with the template file, as I would expect. My guess is that the macros are not attached to the template file but are attached to your Global and that's why they aren't available to other users.

Open the template file and go to the Organizer. Select the Modules tab. Do any modules show up under the list on the right hand side? My guess is there aren't any. It is simple enough to select the module(s) containing your macros on the left (i.e. Global modules) and hit the Copy button to load them into the template file. Save the template. Now those macros will be available to anyone who opens the template.

And just to cover some bases, make sure each user has their macro security set to enable all macros.

John

Thursday, April 25, 2013 2:41 AM