What is the libid of VCProjectEngine for Visual Studio 2010? RRS feed

• Question

• With past versions of Visual Studio (2003, 2005, 2008), I was able to use the libid of VCProjectEngine to import its interface into a native C++ application (so that stand-alone application can modify Visual Studio projects).  For example, the following line of C++ code provides access to the Visual Studio 2008 version of VCProjectEngine:

#import "libid:7b932c1e-942e-4f8f-a71a-015a41ff634b" named_guids raw_interfaces_only rename_namespace("VCProjLib") rename("PropertySheet","vcpe_PropertySheet") rename("GetObject","vcpe_GetObject")

I can't seem to find the corresponding libid of VCProjectEngine for Visual Studio 2010.  What is it?
    Monday, May 16, 2011 10:55 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I think you can find this number use OLE/COM Object Viewer tool.

You can get this tool in Microsoft Visual Studio 2010->Microsoft Windows SDK Tools in start folder.

Please find the Type Library name with Microsoft Development Environment VC++ Project System Engine 10.0 Type Library. In may machine the GUID is

{0CD36BB6-D828-4DB9-91BF-AD493EE76B79}

I hope these information can help you.

Best regards,

Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Summer's Dad Thursday, May 26, 2011 8:30 PM
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 6:51 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I just found a same feedback in Microsoft Connect:

VC++ 2010 Intellisense #import directive using "libid" does not work

, so please wait the response from Microsoft, and you can find a temporary  solution in that website.

Best regards,

Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 3:38 AM
  • You can check with Visual Studio Extensibility Forum.

The similar post available in Microsoft.VisualStudio.VCProjectEngine not part of Visual Studio 2010 SDK

Thanks and Regards Selvam http://www15.brinkster.com/selvamselvam/
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 4:04 AM
  • Selvam,

Thank you for your reply.  Sorry, I should have mentioned that I am not trying to extend Visual Studio.  I am supporting an existing stand-alone, native C++ program that end users run.  That program modifies project settings of projects that are unknown to the end users.  From the user's point of view, Visual Studio is not even involved.  The program must run outside the Visual Studio environment.  The program already contains the VCProjectEngine libid's for Visual Studio 2003, 2005, and 2008 (and works correctly with projects of those versions).  I really just need the VCProjectEngine libid for Visual Studio 2010 (so it will also work correctly with Visual Studio 2010 projects).

Thanks, Mark.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 2:45 PM
  • Jesse,

I appreciate your response.  The link that you provided discusses an issue with Intellisense (related to libid's in general).  In my case, I don't need Intellisense to work, so that does not help me.  I am just needing the libid of the VCProjectEngine type library for Visual Studio 2010.

Thanks, Mark.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 2:56 PM
  • Hi Summer's Dad,

Are you looking Microsoft.VisualStudio.VCProjectEngine not part of Visual Studio 2010 SDK ? It is available as part of MS VS 2010.

Thanks and Regards Selvam http://www15.brinkster.com/selvamselvam/
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 3:12 PM
  • I just wonder that how did you get the GUID of that DLL? if you can get the GUID of that DLL in VS 2008, why you cannot get the GUID of that DLL in VS2010? 
    NEU_ShieldEdge
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 3:25 AM
  • Selvam,

That link didn't help me (because it doesn't provide the libid number of the VCProjectEngine for Visual Studio 2010).

Thanks, Mark.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 9:19 PM
  • Luke-Skywalker (NEU_ShieldEdge),

I found the libid of the VCProjectEngine type library for Visual Studio 2003, 2005, and 2008 at the following link (that was posted in 2008 before Visual Studio 2010 was available):

http://msvcconf.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=msvcconf/msvcconf;a=commitdiff;h=3b4ed465bdcc8c49c8f63caccb5cc300cc1cd5f5

Thanks, Mark.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 9:24 PM
  • Hello,

I think you can find this number use OLE/COM Object Viewer tool.

You can get this tool in Microsoft Visual Studio 2010->Microsoft Windows SDK Tools in start folder.

Please find the Type Library name with Microsoft Development Environment VC++ Project System Engine 10.0 Type Library. In may machine the GUID is

{0CD36BB6-D828-4DB9-91BF-AD493EE76B79}

I hope these information can help you.

Best regards,

Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]

• Marked as answer by Summer's Dad Thursday, May 26, 2011 8:30 PM
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 6:51 AM
  • Jesse,

I really appreciate your response.  That GUID is exactly what I needed.  It works like a charm.  I owe you.

Thanks,  Mark

Thursday, May 26, 2011 8:30 PM