Error SQL72014: .Net SqlClient Data Provider: Msg 40827, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 The operation is not supported for your subscription offer type. RRS feed

• Question

• I have an azure dreamspark account and I am getting this error when trying to create a MS SQL Database on Azure?

Could not import package.
    Warning SQL0: A project which specifies SQL Server 2016 as the target platform may experience compatibility issues with Microsoft Azure SQL Database v12.
    Error SQL72014: .Net SqlClient Data Provider: Msg 40827, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 The operation is not supported for your subscription offer type.
    Error SQL72045: Script execution error.  The executed script:
    CREATE DATABASE [$(DatabaseName)] COLLATE Latin1_General_CI_AS
        (EDITION = 'Basic', SERVICE_OBJECTIVE = 'Basic', MAXSIZE = 2 GB)
     (Microsoft.SqlServer.Dac)

MS SQL Server Manager does not have an option for creating a FREE database it just has Basic, Standard etc. I assumed the basic 2GB was the free version for my dreamspark account database server as I have to log in prior to exporting database to azure sql from the server manager?

My source database size is 16mb I attached a localdb (mdf file) to my SQL Server database then right click and export to azure sql database.

Whats the point of giving students the ability to create a MS Database if you cant do anything with it?

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 4:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Can you please try running the same command with a smaller database size (500MB)? The Dreamspark subscription allows you to access our "free tier" of services. I don't believe 2GB is not in the "free tier" range.

Thanks,

Andrea

• Proposed as answer by Dan Rediske Thursday, August 4, 2016 8:18 PM
    • Marked as answer by Dan Rediske Thursday, August 4, 2016 8:18 PM
    Wednesday, July 27, 2016 10:29 PM