OutLook , programmatically set userCertificate value .( ContactItem::userCertificate not working always) RRS feed

• Question

• OutLook security automation using c#.NET ContactItem::userCertificate

hi,

I am Trying to automate the process of adding security certificate for users in outlook contacts.

I use c#.NET to set the certificate using:

ContactItem 's userCertificate property
    e.g.
            contact.userCertificate = "c:\...\xx.cer";

This seeems to be not working always. In the msdn documentation it is written that this property of `contactItem` class is depricated and is not intended for use in the code.

I need  a more reliable way of setting the user's certificate in outlook contacts programmatically . Please suggest me if there is a better way of doing this.

thanks,
    teja .
    Monday, August 10, 2009 9:36 AM

Answers

• This task can't be done in C# directly. You need to use MAPI which is a unmanaged C++ only API. We’ve a sample code to show this. I can share that with you if you give me your email id.

I await your response!

Thanks,
    Dhanashri[MSFT]

Monday, August 17, 2009 3:49 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for contacting Innovate on Office Forum!

We are working on this request and will get back to you on Tuesday in the next week.

Thanks,
    Dhanashri [MSFT].
    • Proposed as answer by Vasis Romanov Tuesday, September 22, 2009 11:45 AM
    Wednesday, August 12, 2009 10:53 PM
  • This task can't be done in C# directly. You need to use MAPI which is a unmanaged C++ only API. We’ve a sample code to show this. I can share that with you if you give me your email id.

I await your response!

Thanks,
    Dhanashri[MSFT]

Monday, August 17, 2009 3:49 PM
  • Hi! Would you please to share that sample code for me too? I need it for the same purposes. My email is vasis.romanov@yandex.ru. Thanks.
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 6:36 PM
  • Hi,

Could you please send me the sample code that you have on how to set user certificate from code?

Best regards,

Borce Kocevski

borce@blafsoft.com

Monday, November 1, 2010 2:19 PM