Hi friends Please help me in this topic.... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi frnds,

I'm joining in new company as test engineer, and my domain is Banking and Financial services. I don't have relevant knowledge in the

particular field. Pls give me some idea what my Sr manager wil expect from me abt this domain knowledge. Because i joined wit 2 years 

Experience. How can i prepare.? For manual testing in banking domain wat are al mandatory? and wer should i concentrate more? Pls help...

Tuesday, December 14, 2010 1:18 PM

Answers

• You answered your own question. You dont have baking domain knowledge so your manager will have to start with feeding you some ramp up documents or KT sessions on project or work. However you can start putting in extra effort by going over WWW for articles on Banking domain and when it comes to manual testing its mostly domain knowledge heavy stuff. Search for manual testing in WWW and there are tons of articles out there!
    • Proposed as answer by DataEngineering Tuesday, January 11, 2011 8:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alan Page Monday, March 7, 2011 5:53 PM
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 8:26 AM

All replies

• I'm confused. If you joined with 2 years experience, shouldn't you know something about banking and financial services?

If you mean that you have 2 years experience as a software test engineer, but not in banking/financial services software, your senior manager should not have any prior knowledge expectations of you.

I would hope the manager would place a priority on software that affords the best possible security, and accurately accounts for the money involved.

Saturday, January 1, 2011 4:47 PM
  • Do you mean that you faked your knowledge and experience in the interview?

Banking domain is very vast. Before you join the company, try to build knowledge on the back-end processes the banks normally use. Once you join, you will have access to the documentation of the project they do and you can build up the knowledge contained therein.

Saturday, January 8, 2011 6:15 PM
  • You answered your own question. You dont have baking domain knowledge so your manager will have to start with feeding you some ramp up documents or KT sessions on project or work. However you can start putting in extra effort by going over WWW for articles on Banking domain and when it comes to manual testing its mostly domain knowledge heavy stuff. Search for manual testing in WWW and there are tons of articles out there!
    • Proposed as answer by DataEngineering Tuesday, January 11, 2011 8:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alan Page Monday, March 7, 2011 5:53 PM
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 8:26 AM