Are there LS Extensions for bulk editing? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am currently working on a LightSwitch project where one of the requirements is a bulk editing of data like in excel.

Is there any extension which supports this requirement?

I already tried the OfficeIntegration Pack from codeplex as a workaround, but importing the data results in new data entries and I do not find a proper solution to identify the transferred entries which should be edited.

Although I get items in the changed event their values are all null values.

Thursday, February 13, 2014 4:01 PM

All replies

• Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your feedback.

According to current information, I don't find extension available for us to do bulk editting in LightSwitch.

In my opinion, perhaps you could consider installing Excel Importer extensions in visual studio 2013 to import Excel data into Lightswitch.

In addition, you could also submit this feedback to our Visual Studio User voice site LightSwitch portal , I think VS team will give positive response for you.

Best regards

Angie Xu

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, February 17, 2014 8:43 AM
  • Thanks for the suggestion but as far as I know there is only an Excel importer for Visual Studio 2010.

As I said I already tried the OfficeIntegration for LightSwitch which can import Excel sheets. The problem is that I want to identify differences but after using the extension I always get just new records and within the screen data change event I cannot identify the differences cause the entities seem to have just null values when I debug the code.

Monday, February 17, 2014 9:00 AM