none
Debug Xamarin Project VS 2015

Question

• Hi

Im trying for the first time to develop Xamarin android app.

Im not even sure what the problem is, I guess I can say the emulator fails to start.

I found many related, if not identical, issues around including in this forum, but couldn't understand how to solve this for the last two days.

Here's what happen:

1. Try to run any of the VM devices.

2. Approving the message the emulator requires Internet connection 

3. Another pop up saying "You do not have permissions to modify internal Hyper-V network adapter settings..." asking to run the emulator in an elevated mode. 

approving, although I do not understand, as i am the administrator.

4. After approving the Windows UAC message, I another message box is displayed "an internal virtual network switch is required for emulated device to run" 

Here's what I know

1. I am a member in the PC administrator and Hyper-V administrators groups.

2. Disabling ZA wont help. I tryied this because at the end of the flow above ZA says "BLOCKED,Host Process for Windows Services,C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe,REGISTRY,SETKEY,,HKCS\SERVICES\VSDATANT\PARAMETERS\ADAPTERS," 

3. I tried to manually create Virtual network Switch in the hyper-V manager, but failed.

Please advice

tx

Tx Oren

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 1:40 PM

All replies

• Hi Jammusi,

First, please check whether your machine is satisfied with the System Requirement for Visual Studio Android emulator. Please check following link.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt228280.aspx

If all your hardware and software are meet the System Requirement. Please troubleshooting your emulator based on this link.

And there are other communities who has the familiar issues on Android emulator, please refer to:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32807505/visual-studio-emulator-for-android-an-internal-virtual-network-switch-is-requi

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 2:25 AM
  • Hi Weiwei

Thank you for your response, but i will say that:

i didn't post the question in order to receive a list of general endless articles. Google did a perfect job in that respect.

I have already visited all these links, yet couldn't figure out what is the problem.

I would expect VS \ hyperV manager \ Android Emulator to give more clear and specific message for the problem.

Also, the Stack over flow post is kind of blur. Lots of Trail and error. Maybe it will work - maybe not. 

I do not understand at what stage the virtual switch should be created. I am not even sure this is the problem or just a symptom.
    I am trying to manually create the switch but it fails, with the following error message:

Error applying Virtual Switch Properties Changes.

The Operation failed because the object does not exist

Does any body have a bit more concrete suggestion, lead?

tx

Tx Oren

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 11:01 AM
  • Hi Jammusi,

The error message that you provided in original post are common message which can be caused by different reasons. So I suggest you collect some logs about the Android emulator from Output window in Visual Studio and the Windows Event Viewer. Whether there has more information about the Android emulator.

In order to exclude there has any installation issue for Android emulator, I suggest you uninstall and reinstall the Android emulator from Control Panel.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, September 01, 2016 1:54 AM

• As the message indicates there is a problem creating virtual switch, I tried to manually create internal virtual switch from within Hyper-V Manager. It fails.

The event viewer error log is: Miniport Hyper-V Virtual Switch Extension Adapter, {73409cba-04c9-434b-95f8-bee78b8cc603}, had event 76

Please check the attached image

After Hitting the Apply button in the Hyper-V Manager a new Hyper-V Network adapter is added in the device manager (circle in red).

But since the process fails, it disappear a second after, and a error message box is displayed, which is also in the image. 

Tx Oren

Thursday, September 08, 2016 9:28 AM
  • Hi Tx Oren,

According to your screenshot, there has some problem on your Hyper-V Manager when create virtual switch. I suggest you post this issue to Windows Virtualization forum to get a better help.

After resolving the Hyper-V Manager issue, then come back to your original problem for emulator. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Monday, September 12, 2016 5:54 AM