e-Purchase Order with AutoNumbering RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to create an electronic purchase order that in InfoPath 2010 that will be submitted to a SharePoint 2010 List.  I have managed to create the basic form and link it with the sharepoint list but I am having great difficulty generating the purchase order number.  After looking through several forums/web pages I would like to use the sharepoint ID but I have no idea how to do this?

I have managed to add some rules to a submit button that will insert a 1 as the PO Number for the first form but it when a second form is opened the PO Number stays blank and then I receive an error when submitting as the PO Number is empty.

Can anybody help?

• Edited by DuncanB70 Thursday, November 17, 2011 1:23 PM
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 12:41 PM

Answers

• I've done this type of auto-numbering by writing a simple web service that gets the next available number from a SQL table.  This is set on form load.
    /bac
    Friday, November 18, 2011 6:16 PM
  • Cheers mate,

I've got the submit button to work now, I was calling the wrong ID for the PO Number fields which was generating an error, it now populates this field with the ID that sharepoint gives the item in the list.

Thanks for your input though, I will have a go with the SQL table and see what happens, it might be a better solution?

Monday, November 21, 2011 3:01 PM

All replies

• I've done this type of auto-numbering by writing a simple web service that gets the next available number from a SQL table.  This is set on form load.
    /bac
    Friday, November 18, 2011 6:16 PM
  • Cheers mate,

I've got the submit button to work now, I was calling the wrong ID for the PO Number fields which was generating an error, it now populates this field with the ID that sharepoint gives the item in the list.

Thanks for your input though, I will have a go with the SQL table and see what happens, it might be a better solution?

Monday, November 21, 2011 3:01 PM