Long table load times when loading 1000+ records RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an app, LightSwitch HTML using VS2015, that connects to an SQL data source. The app runs fine when the amount of records loading into a table are under 1000 or so. But due to new requirements we are seeing upwards of 2000 records. This has caused the table to take several minutes to load. Also note, I have pagination turned off. I know this is at least part of the issue, but I had reason to turn it off. I have a running total at the top of the page that uses a loop to sum up one of the columns. If only 50 records gets loaded, then the total is only for the records currently loaded into the table.

I can run a query against the SQL server, wide open no filters and it returns all 2000+ records in just a few seconds. I don't think that the table or the view is the issue.

I also have the 'searchable' property for the data entity turned off. I read where having that on can slow it down.

Any suggestions?

Jeremy

Monday, March 19, 2018 7:16 PM

All replies

• Hi Jeremy, I hope you got a resolution since you have posted.

Anyway I would check with Sql Server profiler or Fiddler to verify effective query, and in your browse screen with Edit Query/Manage included data to avoid unwanted expansions.

Otherwise you could call a server side WEB Api with same parameters as your main query filters and get back calculated total column, in this way you would be able to restore default pagination.

Marco

Wednesday, April 4, 2018 7:43 AM
  • How is the data model is it pretty efficient? Does it follow third normal form?
    Tuesday, April 17, 2018 1:17 AM