none
NTVS in OSX

Question

• Hello,

Is there any way to install Node Tools for Visual Studio in OSX? I see that the download link points to a MS Windows .msi install file. I couldn't find any info.

Thanks for your attention.

Best regards,

Guillermo

Friday, May 27, 2016 6:50 AM

Answers

• Hi,

right now I do not understand your problem.

The Node Tools for Visual Studio are a plugin to Visual Studio. Visual Studio is only available on Windows.

Visual Studio Code is available on multiple platforms (also OS X) but that does not support these plugins.

So if you are using Visual Studio Code, then there will be no plugins as they are available for Visual Studio Community, Professional or Enterprise.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Friday, May 27, 2016 7:15 AM

All replies

• Hi,

right now I do not understand your problem.

The Node Tools for Visual Studio are a plugin to Visual Studio. Visual Studio is only available on Windows.

Visual Studio Code is available on multiple platforms (also OS X) but that does not support these plugins.

So if you are using Visual Studio Code, then there will be no plugins as they are available for Visual Studio Community, Professional or Enterprise.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Friday, May 27, 2016 7:15 AM
  • Hi Konrad,

Well, you're right: I'm using Visual Studio Code, not just Visual Studio.

Sad to here that I won't be able to use it on my Mac... :(

Thanks,

Guillermo

Friday, May 27, 2016 5:07 PM
  • Thanks for Konrad's help.

Hi tapp_es,

If you want to use the  Node Tools for Visual Studio in OSX, I suggest you build a VM on your Mac and then install a Windows operating system to use Visual Studio and Node Tools.

Since Node Tools is not support Visual Studio Code at present, please contact Node.js to submit your requirement and you also can submit it to Visual Studio Code User Voice to suggest Visual Studio Code to support Node Tool.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Saturday, May 28, 2016 11:12 AM