none
Integration between Altassian JIRA 7.x and MS Project (Project Pro, Project Online) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello MS Project Community,

Can you please help shed some light on the possibility of Integration between Altassian JIRA 7.x and MS Project (Project Pro, Project Online). The specific questions I have are:

1) Is there any Microsoft tool/connector for this integration? If not, are there any recommended 3rd party tools like Ceptah or TaskAdapter

2) Pre-requisites, steps and procedures to implement this integration.

Quick revert will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Urvashi

Wednesday, November 25, 2015 8:14 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I have not seen any MS tools/connectors for this.  I would also be interested to learn if there are any.

The Ceptah tool seems to have more functionality than the others listed in the Atlassian Marketplace.  I guess it depends on what you are trying to accomplish by integrating the two.  For my organization, the ability to create issues from Project Tasks is somewhat appealing but not appealing enough to look into integrating to two at this time. 

Wednesday, November 25, 2015 4:10 PM
  • Hi,

As far as I know there it no OOB interface of even third party tool available. What you would need to do is develop custom layer using PSI to communicate with JIRA. I am not sure how the structure of JIRA is at the backend this would be a challenge as I understand.

Regards, Syed Faizan ur Rehman, CBPM®,PRINCE2®, MCTS

Sunday, November 29, 2015 5:02 AM