none
Can I maximize the Code Window? RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings,

My Code Window is already 'maximized', and the Project Explorer, Properties Window, and Immediate Window and also visible. In other IDEs, I can 'maximize' the Code Window, so that it fills the application window. Is this possible in VBA?

Thanks,
    Shane.

Excel 2010 64-bit

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit

Friday, November 18, 2016 10:15 AM

Answers

• Hi cShane,

as you know that there is no change and update in VBE for a long time.

like if you use MS Office 2003,2007,2010,2013,2016.

in any version of Office you will get same VBE.

so it's very old editor.

you are comparing this editor with some latest code editors that have some new features.

and you are expecting that it is better if you get same feature in VBE.

but unfortunately VBE doesn't have this feature in it.

all the possible ways I already informed you to maximize the code window.

except these ways we don't have any other way to maximize the code window.

so I hope now your issue get cleared by this suggestion.

if then also you want to do some developing to maximize the code window in VBE.

then you can try to develop VBE Addin. (to automate VBA Editor)

below mentioned link can help you for further guidance.

HOWTO: Create an add-in for the VBA editor (32-bit or 64-bit) of Office with Visual Studio .NET.

as I informed you that your issue is related with VBA Editor and not related with Excel Development.

so if you think that this suggestion is appropriate suggestion for your issue then please mark the suggestion as an answer.

it will help us to close this thread.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 12:38 AM

All replies

• I don't understand. You say "My Code Window is already 'maximized'" and then you are asking how to maximize the code window.

Generally on any window you can double click the top border of the window to maximize or restore (in the VBA editor this is the top border that contains "Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications followed by the file name").

You can close the Project Explorer to gain more editing space and then restore with the View menu.

If this does not answer your question then please provide more information on exactly what you are attempting to do.

Regards, OssieMac

Friday, November 18, 2016 10:43 AM
  • Sorry.

To make the Code Window bigger, do I have to close the Project Explorer, Properties Window, and Immediate Windows individually? And then open each one separately when I need them again?

Other IDEs have a single button that will close the smaller windows and make the Code Window bigger.

Shane.

Saturday, November 19, 2016 12:57 AM
  • To make the Code Window bigger, do I have to close the Project Explorer, Properties Window, and Immediate Windows individually? And then open each one separately when I need them again?

AFAIK there is no other way.

Regards, OssieMac

Saturday, November 19, 2016 1:07 AM
  • AFAIK there is no other way.

OK. It's a standard feature in other editors so I was hoping I could do it in VBA.

Shane.

Saturday, November 19, 2016 3:08 AM
  • Hi cShane,

As other community member already suggested you a solution to get more space for code window.

I agree with OssieMac. that you can close the project explorer , properties, immediate window.

and they all have the shortcut keys to make them visible again. so if you don't want to go View menu and make them visible manually. you can use shortcut keys.

you can see the shortcut keys associated with each option.

also you can try to change the size of the explorer windows. just put the cursor on the line and you will find that cursor icon get changed drag it to your desire size to get more space for code window.

So if you got the Answer for your issue then please mark the appropriate suggestion as an answer and close this thread.

if you have any further question then let us know about that. we will try to suggest you further regarding same.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 21, 2016 5:37 AM
  • Thanks.

I was checking if there was a button that would make the code window full screen (close the docked windows).

Thanks for your help.
    Shane.

Monday, November 21, 2016 7:12 AM
  • Hi cShane,

as you know that there is no change and update in VBE for a long time.

like if you use MS Office 2003,2007,2010,2013,2016.

in any version of Office you will get same VBE.

so it's very old editor.

you are comparing this editor with some latest code editors that have some new features.

and you are expecting that it is better if you get same feature in VBE.

but unfortunately VBE doesn't have this feature in it.

all the possible ways I already informed you to maximize the code window.

except these ways we don't have any other way to maximize the code window.

so I hope now your issue get cleared by this suggestion.

if then also you want to do some developing to maximize the code window in VBE.

then you can try to develop VBE Addin. (to automate VBA Editor)

below mentioned link can help you for further guidance.

HOWTO: Create an add-in for the VBA editor (32-bit or 64-bit) of Office with Visual Studio .NET.

as I informed you that your issue is related with VBA Editor and not related with Excel Development.

so if you think that this suggestion is appropriate suggestion for your issue then please mark the suggestion as an answer.

it will help us to close this thread.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 12:38 AM