mailSettings/smtp For password recovery RRS feed

• Question

• User1083029560 posted
    Any Ideas on  setting up and configuring The clubsite App. to email members their forgetten password?
    The App. throws the Following Error,

A from e-mail address must be specified in the form property of the system.net/mailsetting/smpt config section.

Any ideas

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 8:34 PM

All replies

• User-2041805088 posted

Don't know much about the Club Site Starter Kit, but it looks like it wants you to specify an email address for in the from property of the smtp node.

<system.net>

<mailSettings>

<smtp from="someemail@mysite.com" />

</mailSettings>

</system.net>

Ryan

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 9:56 PM
  • User-2006636666 posted

Possibly you have not configured the asp.net application configuration.

from within visual web developer you can click on website > asp.net configuration

this will launch the asp.net web site administration tool once ie loads that page for you

click on the configure smtp mail setting link.  the information you provide there will be based on your hosting company...

Hope this helps.

-Doug

Thursday, August 17, 2006 10:32 PM
  • User1083029560 posted
    Thanks -Doug I'll try that
    Friday, August 18, 2006 6:43 AM
  • User692031265 posted

Hi,

Following on from this topic, is there a way to have mailsettings when developing locally and different mail settings when developing for production?

Tony S.

Saturday, January 12, 2008 11:52 AM
  • User-1516338612 posted

Sure, have two different web.config files - one for production and one for your development environment. It's not just the mailSettings which will differ, usually your database connection strings are going to be different on the live site.

Saturday, January 12, 2008 12:32 PM
  • User692031265 posted

Thanks for your response. I've already separated <appSettings> and <connectionString> into appsettings.config and connectstrings.config respectively all whihc only maintaining a single web.config. I thought I might have missed sone way of not creating and maintaining 2 versions of web.config.

Tony S.

Saturday, January 12, 2008 2:10 PM