Develop a DSL-type project in Studio 2015 Community RRS feed

• Question

• Hello folks,

I trying to get workin one of DSL samples "Circuit".

Firs of all - sample are targeted for Studio 2010. All references are to .Net 4.0. Studio 2015 have similar functionality only in .Net 4.5. Automatic conversion applied to the project, but it still stay referencing to .Net 4.0 libraries. Ok, I can replace references manually.

Second moment - there are no support for VSCTCompile. As result all *.vsct files are locked an cause a project load failure. Ok, I can comment those files in project file and load the project. When I late adding those files back to the project VSCTCompile option is not available Build Actions.

Third moment - there is a reference for  Modeling SDK for Visual Studio 2015 Update 2 , but I was not able to find a copy of relevant vs_vmsdk.exe file. All links I find are pointed for first/initial version. Not sure that I got right version by reinstalling Extesibility in Studio 2015.

Question 1 - there an options to build Studio Extention (DSL?) using Studio 2015 Community?

I can roll back to Studi0 2010 Pro, but this require full reinstallation or virtual PC - both are painful.

Question 2 - How this work in Studio 2017 Community. I have those 30 gigs downloaded, but never install. Is It possible to build DSL in this version of Studio?

Best regards,

Andrey

Wednesday, October 11, 2017 4:18 PM

All replies

• Hi Andrey Belyakov,

If you want to develop a DSL-type project, you need to download modeling SDK for Microsoft Visual Studio 2015

For the requirement, we know that it support Visual Studio Community 2015.

1. Visual Studio Community 2015 or higher
    2. Visual Studio 2015 SDK

For more information, please refer to:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb126259.aspx

Best regards,

Zhanglong Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 6, 2017 5:16 AM
  • Hello Zhanglong,

It's the same file which I already download and re-install several times. This didn't have result.

Do you have link to Version 2 of modeling SDK? 

Best regards,

Andrey

Wednesday, December 6, 2017 10:18 AM