none
Solution platform issue in Visual Studio 2005 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a solution in VS 2005 containing VC++ projects. There are 4 "solution platforms" in my solution:

Win32 Mixed Platforms Pocket PC 2003 (ARMV4) Smartphone 2003 (ARMV4)

I am working on application which is used in WinCE 5.0 environment.

I want to use advantech platform in my application i.e. AdvTPC66ST (ARMV4I), for that i have installed advantech SDK. But Visual studio 2005 configuration manager is not showing such platform name in its list.

I have existing projects which are using "AdvTPC66ST (ARMV4I)" platform, whenever I am trying to load project it gives below error: "The project consists entirely of configurations that require support for platforms which are not installed on this machine. The project cannot be loaded"

Can anyone tell me reason why the platform is not shown in VS 2005 configuration manager?

Friday, July 15, 2016 6:30 AM

Answers

• Hi Nilesh,

If VS is not completely shutdown and you do not install as "Admin" some registration scripts may silently fail.  Can you confirm your install of the SDK was done in such a fashion?  (This includes any platform connections as well as they use the same connection manager database)

I also recommend you take a look at the "Top Related threads" suggested to the left of this topic to find insight into how you might refresh the list/project.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Friday, July 15, 2016 7:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Nilesh,

If VS is not completely shutdown and you do not install as "Admin" some registration scripts may silently fail.  Can you confirm your install of the SDK was done in such a fashion?  (This includes any platform connections as well as they use the same connection manager database)

I also recommend you take a look at the "Top Related threads" suggested to the left of this topic to find insight into how you might refresh the list/project.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Friday, July 15, 2016 7:22 PM
  • Hi Nilesh,

Many thanks for returning to confirm the answer!

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Monday, February 26, 2018 9:37 PM