No suspend for options?

Question

• Hello,

When my device app (for a webcam) is run as a start experience, and I switch to another app, my app will receive a suspend notice in a few seconds.  

However, I do not get the same notice for the options experience.  

In none of the two following scenarios do I receive a suspend notice:

1) I run the MS Camera app and open my options window (Options|More) then I click elsewhere in the Camera app, the options window disappears.

2) I run the MS Camera app and open my options window (Options|More) then I switch to another application.

3) I run the MS Camera app and open my options window (Options|More) then I close the Camera application.

I get no suspend notice.  Is this by design?  

Thanks

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 4:38 PM

Answers

• Yes, the behavior is by design. Hosted apps (of any sort) do not get suspend notifications and will end immediately as soon as they are dismissed or the parent app is sent to the background.

Thanks,

-Bobby

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 8:26 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Sorry for the delay. I will pass your request on to our device driver guru and have him get back to you early next week. If you don't hear from him by Wednesday please bump this post and I will make sure he gets in touch with you.

Thanks much,

James

Windows Media SDK Technologies - Microsoft Developer Services - http://blogs.msdn.com/mediasdkstuff/

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 9:16 PM
  • Hi Gary,

We are looking into whether this is by design or not.

Will keep you posted as soon as I have an answer.

Thank you,

-Bobby

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 7:45 PM
  • Yes, the behavior is by design. Hosted apps (of any sort) do not get suspend notifications and will end immediately as soon as they are dismissed or the parent app is sent to the background.

Thanks,

-Bobby

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 8:26 PM