none
Project 2010 Crashing When Saving RRS feed

• Question

• I've posted this on other forums - but no resolution.

I've also opened up a ticket with Microsoft, but all they were able to do is to reproduce the problem.

I have an application that runs in Project 2003, 2007, and now 2010.  2003 and 2007 were fine, but it will not allow me to "Save As" or save more than once in 2010 without crashing.  This has been reproduced on XP machines, Windows 7 machines, and Vista machines.  You can reliably reproduce the problem by performing the following steps:

1) Launch MS Project 2010

2)  Open up the Visual Basic development environment

3)  Add a form to the VBA project.  Leave it named UserForm1

4)  Add a checkbox on the form. Leave it named CheckBox1

5) Add a module to the VBA project.  Leave it named Module1

6) Add a subroutine to the module:

Sub ShowForm

UserForm1.Show

End Sub

7) Close the visual basic environment (this is important - if you leave it open it won't crash)

8) Now run the macro

9) When the form pops up, simply close it by clicking on the "X" in the upper right of the form.

10) Now click the disk icon on the upper left of the project - go ahead and leave the name as the default Project1.mpp

11) Click the disk icon again - and "Microsoft Project has stopped working"

I reported this back in May - but did not really follow up on it as I advised the customer to stick with 2007.  They did so but this year have decided they want to move on to 2010 and have asked my assistance in making that happen.  I'm not certain where to go from here.

The application uses numerous forms to allow the user to select from lists, etc.  It pulls its data from an Oracle database.

Any help at all would be appreciated.  I've been experimenting with work arounds such as managing the save process in code - Save, Quit, Reload every time someone want's to save.  I've also been experimenting with the AutoSave feature.

As mentioned, I've reproduced this crash across multiple platforms, multiple customer sites.

Microsoft Project Standard 2010

Microsoft Project 2010 (14.0.6023.1000) SP1 MSO (14.0.6106.5005)

Thanks!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 8:57 PM

Answers

All replies