Infopath field calculation updated without opening the form RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I have an infopath form with a field which loads information from SharePoint using secondary datasources (with filters etc) to calculate some of the fields within the form.

When the SharePoint information changes it is not reflected within Infopath unless it is opened and a 'changed event' is triggered in the form.  My question is,

1. How to update the field in the form 'without opening' the form
    2. How to update the field in the form 'without triggering the changed event' in the form

Many thanks in advance for any advice

Monday, March 7, 2011 2:08 AM

Answers

1. You can't.  If your logic is in the form, then you must open the form.  If you want data in your form to change without opening the form, then you'll need to build a custom coded solution that performs the logic and updates the XML directly, OR use a workflow bound to the source data that updates every form with the relevant logic.  This also requires custom code and is quite comprehensive, since it has to go and update every form that is impacted by any change related to the calculation.
    2. By using Form Load rules that perform the same logic as the calculation when the form is opened.

SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    • Marked as answer by Emir Liu Wednesday, March 16, 2011 3:05 AM
    Monday, March 7, 2011 3:11 AM