none
How to automate process of highlighting or bolding changes to a schedule? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

Working with MS Project Server and MS Project 2010. We have a 40 page master schedule (Roughly 1500 tasks) sent out to all departments (Excel report) showing the Task Names, Planned Start, and Planned Finish dates, and Planned workloads. (Production/processing environment)

It is very important to our departments that they know which planned dates and workloads have changed since the last schedule was issued, and the current process is done manually as a final step before issuing the Excel file, to BOLD & Italicize all fields (usually just date changes, workload changes, or new tasks) by going off of a hard copy in which managers circle or notate any fields that were altered.

Is there a way to get this automated through server? I do not believe there is a way for the blue highlighted changes in tracking views to carry over into an Excel export, especially since they go away after making a second change to the project plan. Are there any automated solutions out there? It seems formulas and macros in excel might be a way to go, however they will compare line items I believe, therefore once a new task is entered, all data below it would show as a change. I think manually is the only way to achieve this?

Any comments appreciated, thanks everyone.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 3:11 PM

All replies