Creating a 'Marquee' element for WAP RRS feed

• Question

• User752049302 posted

Hi all.

I am struggling to find a way to create a marquee element (scrolling text) in an asp.net 2.0 wap site. For a web site I would use the <marquee> html tag, but this does not seem to be supported for with .net's mobile web.

If any of you could shed any light on this problem I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Sunday, September 17, 2006 6:18 PM

All replies

• User752049302 posted

Does anyone at least know if this is a known limitation of .net?

Thanks..

Tuesday, October 3, 2006 12:25 PM
  • User-1179442337 posted

i found this site

http://www.developershome.com/wap/wcss/wcss_tutorial.asp?page=marqueeExtension5

it shows some code on how to make a marquee in XHTML MP which is WAP 2.0.

im not sure that a marquee is even supported in WAP1.0

the differences we have here, are device specific.

theres even mini html browsers out there its quite a range of devices.

you may be able to put some of the code i found in that article, in your page, and some devices may support it, some will not..

Wednesday, October 4, 2006 4:12 PM
  • User752049302 posted

Hi, thanks for your response.

If I add this as an HTML file to my website it would work fine. The problem is in the aspx page the style property doesn't seem to work on <p> tags at all (if you load it in visual studio you will get the warning "..style property not supported..".

Unfortunately I need the marquee intergrated into my site on every page (aspx pages).

Do you know if there is a way to manually code the WML/xHTML or whatever within .net?

Thursday, October 5, 2006 3:13 AM
  • User-1179442337 posted

hya, have you tried putting it directly in your code like this:

<p style="display: -wap-marquee; -wap-marquee-dir: rtl; -wap-marquee-style: scroll">Hello, welcome to our WCSS Tutorial.</p>

i get the little warning in the error messages place too, but it still builds, and deploys

Saturday, October 7, 2006 8:19 PM
  • User752049302 posted

hi! Yes I did try this, mine also builds and deploys, but the scrolling does not work (the scrolling does work through .html file).

I think when it builds it ignores the "style" property, which it said was unsupported. So it deploys something like <p>Hello, welcome to our WCSS Tutorial.</p>

Cheers.

Monday, October 9, 2006 3:02 AM