none
Customizing All Mail Folders Pane outlook 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a Custom Task Pane to display a repository in my local machine. And provided functionality for drag-drop an email (i.e copy email message) from All Mail Folders(Inbox) pane to Custom Task Pane.

My concern is that can I customize All Mail Folders Pane in such a way that as soon as I drag a mail in to Custom Task Pane from Inbox, a flag would appear on the mail item in Inbox pane, just  to identify that this mail has been saved to my repository.

kpant

Monday, June 13, 2011 3:36 PM

Answers

• If you want a custom icon with a flag instead of the usual envelope icon that cannot be done unless you use a custom MessageClass for those items and publish a custom form for that custom MessageClass that uses a custom icon.

You can set an Outlook flag on the item however. Set the FlagRequest string property. You can also call the MarkAsTask() method to show the item in the ToDo Bar.

The older FlagIcon, FlagStatus and FlagDueBy properties are deprecated and hidden in Outlook 2007, although they still can be used via reflection.

--
    Ken Slovak
    MVP - Outlook
    http://www.slovaktech.com
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007

"kpant" <=?utf-8?B?a3BhbnQ=?=> wrote in message news:a7be92b0-2db6-421e-9a64-dfeb77bc5e3f...

I have created a Custom Task Pane to display a repository in my local machine. And provided functionality for drag-drop an email (i.e copy email message) from All Mail Folders(Inbox) pane to Custom Task Pane.

My concern is that can I customize All Mail Folders Pane in such a way that as soon as I drag a mail in to Custom Task Pane from Inbox, a flag would appear on the mail item in Inbox pane, just  to identify that this mail has been saved to my repository.

kpant

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    • Marked as answer by kpant Tuesday, June 14, 2011 12:18 PM
    Monday, June 13, 2011 9:17 PM

All replies

• If you want a custom icon with a flag instead of the usual envelope icon that cannot be done unless you use a custom MessageClass for those items and publish a custom form for that custom MessageClass that uses a custom icon.

You can set an Outlook flag on the item however. Set the FlagRequest string property. You can also call the MarkAsTask() method to show the item in the ToDo Bar.

The older FlagIcon, FlagStatus and FlagDueBy properties are deprecated and hidden in Outlook 2007, although they still can be used via reflection.

--
    Ken Slovak
    MVP - Outlook
    http://www.slovaktech.com
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007

"kpant" <=?utf-8?B?a3BhbnQ=?=> wrote in message news:a7be92b0-2db6-421e-9a64-dfeb77bc5e3f...

I have created a Custom Task Pane to display a repository in my local machine. And provided functionality for drag-drop an email (i.e copy email message) from All Mail Folders(Inbox) pane to Custom Task Pane.

kpant

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    • Marked as answer by kpant Tuesday, June 14, 2011 12:18 PM
    Monday, June 13, 2011 9:17 PM
  • Thanks for the reply.

As you suggested, I tried to set FlagIcon of a mailitem and I am able to do that.

So for now it solved my concern.

Thanks a lot Ken.

-kpant

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 12:17 PM