Master Detail View with winjs List View javascript

Question

• Hi

I want to create master detail view for HTML 5 and JavaScript windows store app. I will use winjs list view for the master view. My detail view will contain interactive element such as textarea where user can enter text and buttons.  I should also be able to populate previous data to detail view elements.  And also the detail view layout should be dynamic. The detail view layout should change depending on the user selected item in the list view. Some time it may contain interactive element and some time it may not depending on item selection of list view. I can use WinJS.Binding.Template for detail view but can I use interactive element in that so that I can take user input text from detail view? If it is possible how to take user input from WinJS.Binding.Template and if it is not possible to take user input from WinJS.Binding.Template what are the alternative control I can use for detail view. Any sample code will be helpful. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks 

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 7:42 PM

Answers

• I suggest that you check out the predefined project templates in Visual Studio 2013, such as the Grid or Hub projects and modify those for your needs.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

• Marked as answer by andrew1232014 Monday, September 15, 2014 2:07 AM
    Thursday, July 17, 2014 7:11 PM

All replies

• I suggest that you check out the predefined project templates in Visual Studio 2013, such as the Grid or Hub projects and modify those for your needs.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

• Marked as answer by andrew1232014 Monday, September 15, 2014 2:07 AM
    Thursday, July 17, 2014 7:11 PM
  • Thank you for your response. My JavaScript templates are missing from visual studio 2013 express for windows although I have VB,C++,c# templates. I installed from the link http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=42670 Tried reinstalling but that did not help. Also tried to do devenv /installvstemplates from visual studio command prompt but getting the message "devenv is not recognized as an internal or external command". Tried to follow the link http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/b548cf00-e466-47e2-9cca-0ac89dd62617/visual-studio-11-javascript-templates-missing  but devenv.exe and JavaScript templates files are missing in my case.

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 4:40 AM
  • Perhaps you could reinstall Visual Studio?

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 12:18 PM
  • reinstalled twice but that did not fix the problem
    Tuesday, July 22, 2014 5:00 PM
  • Finally got the templates from some other computer.
    Monday, September 15, 2014 2:07 AM