IDE not able to RRS feed

• Question

• User-2028875492 posted

Hi gurus,

I hope it is the right forums to ask this question. 

As I have been learning the MVC4, So, I 'm following this one blog post of codeforum Link [ http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/687061/Using-Multiple-Models-in-a-View-in-ASP-NET-MVC-M. ]

As, in this example author has explained to create Model.cs first then use model/entity (student or faculty or course) to create /save data in repository class (another c# class).

I am unable to do the same as class are being underlined by red colour to show as error, perhaps IDE or project environment (not sure) is unable to identify public class(s) of same namespace (mvcapp.Models;)

i have posted the same question over code forum as well. but it seems author is out of reach, link is->  My comment

Kindly suggest me where I m going wrong, Kindly post reply to this thread, as the same issue is arising with this code in another vs12 instance and in vs2010 as well.. kindly assist, if I am making any C# syntactical/or concept related error(c#)

However, there is no error while I am create standalone classes, for instance student.cs or faculty.cs in aforementioned query.

Sunday, May 25, 2014 5:36 AM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

HI ruskin_bond,

Welcome to asp.net forum.

however I m afraid over the type of error which should not arise without any proper reason. the code which is working at different system in the same environment (vs 2012) supposed to work at my IDE (vs 2012 ) in same way too.

According to your description above, if this issue is related to your IDE, you could use the command line below.

Devenv.exe/ResetSettings: Restores the IDE's default settings

If you have any concern, please let me know.

Regards

Angie

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, June 1, 2014 10:58 PM

All replies

• User-760709272 posted

Right-click the class name with the red underline and select "Resolve" from the context menu and it will give you an option to add the correct "using" statement at the top of the file.  Or to expand the classname to include the relevant namespace.  For this to work the class has to be correctly spelled with the correct case as well.

Sunday, May 25, 2014 9:39 AM
  • User-2028875492 posted

Hi...

Thank you so much for the response.!!

Right-click the class name with the red underline and select "Resolve" fro...

sir, i have wrote the fully qualified name too , that worked, however I m afraid over the type of error which should not arise without any proper reason. the code which is working at different system in the same environment (vs 2012) supposed to work at my IDE (vs 2012 ) in same way too.

May be, I do lack of excellent knowledge of C# & vs 2012 internals, but I have hold over the OOPS concepts.

Hope you would not find my words harsh, rather you would give me the right guidance to avoid such type of errors in future. 

thank you so much !!

Monday, May 26, 2014 12:12 PM
  • User-166373564 posted

HI ruskin_bond,

Welcome to asp.net forum.

however I m afraid over the type of error which should not arise without any proper reason. the code which is working at different system in the same environment (vs 2012) supposed to work at my IDE (vs 2012 ) in same way too.

According to your description above, if this issue is related to your IDE, you could use the command line below.

Devenv.exe/ResetSettings: Restores the IDE's default settings

If you have any concern, please let me know.

Regards

Angie

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, June 1, 2014 10:58 PM