Notification on UpdateProfile request RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have been trying to get UpdateProfileNotification to work without any success uptill now. I have been able to update profile and have subscribed my SampleService to receive UpdateProfileNotification. But my sample service never gets  UpdateProfileNotification when PM updates a record.

I got inside eventlog and found Subscription request failing with an exception

"Microsoft.ConnectedServices.SDK.Eventing.EventingLogger" threw an exception ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object refernce not set to an instance of an object at

Microsoft.ConnectedServices.SDK.Eventing.EventingLogger.cctor

But I could not find any class called Eventing.EventLogger in the SDK documentation shipped with CSF3.0 Developer full version.

I have ProfileIntegrator up and running. Has anyone got this UpdateProfileNotification sample code in documentation working?

What specific information I need to provide in Eventing.config (assuming it is to be placed in configuration folder), ProfileManager - Web.config, ProfileIntegrator - Web.config, ProfileManager.config, ProfileIntegrator.config?

I guess I need to have referance of Eventing.Config in ProfileManager's web.config, does anyone know the correct way of doing it?

Thanks,

Ashish malhotra 

Monday, November 27, 2006 7:13 AM

Answers

• Please make sure that Microsoft.ConnectedServices.Sdk.Eventingfield in Profile Manager  web.config is set to correct absolute path of the eventing.config file. Also verify SubscriptionManagerUri in eventing.config   has correct uri of the PM endpoint.  
    Wednesday, November 29, 2006 7:09 PM