Windows Media Player 9 leads to InvalidOperationException RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Just like to confirm with you guys that with WMP9, MediaElement will not work when you start playing. When you close the app or stop debugging, an invalidoperationexception will be thrown by the app.run() method with an error message like "closed media player only support open and close"

Now I've upgraded to WMP10 and can't reproduce the error. (WinXP SP2 + WinFX Runtime Component + WinFX SDK (Feb))

Tuesday, May 9, 2006 9:43 AM

Answers

• Yes, I confirme that: when you used a MediaElement, you need Windows Media Player 10

Also, it appear that, currently, video are not correctly supported by all the video cards...

HTH.
    Tuesday, May 9, 2006 10:05 AM

All replies

• Yes, I confirme that: when you used a MediaElement, you need Windows Media Player 10

Also, it appear that, currently, video are not correctly supported by all the video cards...

HTH.
    Tuesday, May 9, 2006 10:05 AM
  • by default, Windows XP comes with WMP9. So does this mean it's going to be a problem for redistributing video-based WPF app to XP, unless the user has upgraded to WMP10.

I ran ntsd with my application and indeed it loaded wmp.dll from c:\windows\system32\ and the dll is version 10.

Tuesday, May 9, 2006 3:37 PM