Profile photos suddenly not appearing on photo wall, yet displaying in thumbnail when you hover RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there, 

I've tried to create a digital photo wall on Sharepoint using the picture webparts, but recently, it's decided it doesn't to show profile pictures anymore. It just shows the users initials (first & last name) and when you hover over the contact card, then it displays their photo. 

I found the issue started occurring after I inserted an instruction which contained the OWA account URL prompting users to update their profile picture - just as text in a text box. I don't know if the page didn't like the URL or that perhaps its just a coincidence. I would think server syncing issue to start with but it makes no sense, given the hover thumbnail works, just not the actual picture tile. 

Thoughts on what anyone thinks it might be? 

Thanks,

D

Thursday, December 14, 2017 10:38 AM

All replies

• Here you go

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/sharepoint/en-US/fe9cdd14-f35b-42a9-8b93-f38097510ad3/user-profiles-pictures-are-not-showing-in-share-point-2013?forum=sharepointadmin

Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the answer if it helps you

Thursday, December 14, 2017 7:48 PM
  • Thanks for this Lakshmanan. I've passed it onto the Team at MS but am waiting to hear back. Is there anything that I can do to correct or troubleshoot this problem without having any admin access?

Monday, January 1, 2018 10:07 PM