Object variable is not member of class error RRS feed

• Question

• User-982002537 posted

Hello! I try to declare a variable in a class but I get an error reading that the variable is not a member of the current class. I have imported the class "Base" where the class PageManager is located. What am I doint wrong? I appreciate any help, please!

Imports Base

Public Class Main

Private Sub Booking()

Dim oSystemManager As SystemManager = Me.PageManager.LoadBookingSystem(DBInfo, Request.PhysicalApplicationPath)

' As I declare this variable I get an error reading "PageManager" is not a member of "Main". (PageManager is a member of the class "Base" )

Thanks in advance!

Tuesday, September 9, 2008 3:46 AM

All replies

• User1394477824 posted

Hello! I try to declare a variable in a class but I get an error reading that the variable is not a member of the current class. I have imported the class "Base" where the class PageManager is located. What am I doint wrong? I appreciate any help, please!

Imports Base

Public Class Main

Private Sub Booking()

Dim oSystemManager As SystemManager = Me.PageManager.LoadBookingSystem(DBInfo, Request.PhysicalApplicationPath)

' As I declare this variable I get an error reading "PageManager" is not a member of "Main". (PageManager is a member of the class "Base" )

Thanks in advance!

Try this code... 

Dim oSystemManager As SystemManager = MyBase.PageManager.LoadBookingSystem(DBInfo, Request.PhysicalApplicationPath) 

Instead of Me, use MyBase.

Thanks

Anand

Tuesday, September 9, 2008 6:57 AM