Black screen RRS feed

• Question

• Hey.

Im a netflix user, and every time i play a movie, the movie stops after like 5-15 mins, the player goes black, no buttons to press or anything, i can refresh and use browser as normal, if i refresh i can see like 2 mins more then it stops again. netflix saids maybe its the silverlight thats doing it, since its only on 1 computer out of 3 in the house..

Hope you got a fix for me?, tryed reinstall same problem, tryed to clear cookies same problem., tryed chrome, internet explore and firefox all newest versions

Saturday, March 30, 2013 5:21 PM

Answers

All replies

• I have the exact same problem. I tried several browser (IE, firefox, chrome) , reinstalled Silverlight multiple time , run a microsoft "FIX IT"  tool, with no success.

When the problem occurs, I can right click the black screen and see the silverlight plugin is still active. Tried both with hardware acceleration on and off.

My machine with the problem is running Windows Server 2012.

• Edited by Kyrotomia Monday, April 1, 2013 1:04 AM added OS details
    Monday, April 1, 2013 1:02 AM
  • Hi,

It seems that many people have met the same question as you, please try to post your question in https://connect.microsoft.com/ . In there you can get a good reply from the microsoft. And I will help to report this question.

Best Regards.

Amy Peng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, April 1, 2013 10:09 AM
  •  Exact same issue, been going on for about a month. Nothing seems to stop it either. Very technical user, tried a barrage of solutions. OS is winXP x64. I realize support is ending soon for my OS, but it seems common with a few different windows versions. Perhaps a common denominator can be found among them all. I went to the link above and cannot find silverlight in the open list of products being discussed? Can you elaborate? Thanks.

- Matt

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 8:44 PM