none
Infopath web form generates error when saving changes

Question

• I have an InfoPath 2013 web form for a list. When I click on an item I get the display form in a dialog, I click edit, make a change then click save I get a WebPage (JavaScript) Error "Unable to get property 'arrForms' error message. I am pretty sure it's related to InfoPath but I've no idea where or how to resolve. The link of offending code is in Core.js which I know isn't the problem. Any ideas would be helpful. -Mark

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 8:13 PM

All replies

• Hi Mark- need a little more info. Sounds like you have other customizations on the page or InfoPath? What is the full error you're getting? Could you provide screen shots?

cameron rautmann

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 8:44 PM
  • Hi,

Can you share some details about your SharePoint farm, How many WFE's you have? Just to make sure all are identical and working in the same behavior. Its observed that in a multi-server farm environment, sometimes the user request are served randomly and at the end we came to result that it was server issue not the end use

Also enable the verbose ULS logs will be really helpful to troubleshoot the issue.

KRISHANA KUMAR

SharePoint Architect

Mosstechnet-kk.com

Please click "Mark As Answer" if this post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if it was useful

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 9:12 PM
  • The farm has two identical load balanced WFE's.
    Tuesday, January 31, 2017 11:32 PM
  • There are no customizations to the list unfortunately. I cannot post screenshots here because my account isn't verified for some reason. To describe the error in more detail it is a browser error that states at the top "Do you want to debug this webpage?" "This webpage contains errors that might prevent it from disploaying or working correctly. if you are not testing this webpage click No." When I open the dev console (F12) it tells me offending line of code is in Core.js.

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 11:39 PM
  • Still need more info. Did you check the SharePoint logs for errors? Could you provide more of the code that's an issue besides just "Core.js?" What browser are you using?

cameron rautmann

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 1:18 PM
  • Thanks for the information, do you have any rich text box control on your form if yes. Please try to change this to simple text and change Rich text box control go to the properties uncheck the Checkbox hyperlink html 

Or you can completely remove this field to verify that this is causing the issue and deploy the form again on text machine. Also try with different browser and with different user as well.

KRISHANA KUMAR

SharePoint Architect

Mosstechnet-kk.com

Please click "Mark As Answer" if this post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if it was useful

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 4:59 PM
  • Hi Mark,

Have you resolved the issue?

Did you check the field in the form as Krishana Kumar mentioned?

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 9:59 AM