VS 2012 RC build problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I'm might be in wrong place (forum) but there's no general topic for visual studio itself, so I decided to raise it here. I've installed the new VS 2012 RC and its build seems not working correctly. Lets say I have two projects, e.g.: Project.BLL and Project.UI
     # Project.BLL references OpenSource.Sample.dll (which marks as copy to local)
     # Project.UI references Project.BLL (it's also marked as copy to local)

The strange thing is VS 2010/VS 2011 Beta copy the OpenSource.Sample.dll to the bin folder properly, but VS 2012 RC does not.

Is it a feature or just simply a bug?! Has anyone run to the same issue like me?!

Thanks,
    LZ

Monday, June 4, 2012 2:55 PM

Answers

• Hi LZ,

You can try to remove these references and add them again. Then rebuild your projects. Can they work normally?

Best regards,

Ego

• Marked as answer by Manh Hung Chu Wednesday, June 6, 2012 2:58 PM
    Tuesday, June 5, 2012 9:40 AM

All replies

• Hi LZ,

I built a web project and I found the .dll was copied to bin folder. I used Visual Studio 2012 RC. Were there some differences between our vs?

Maybe I mistook your meaning.

Regards,

Disley

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 6:27 AM
  • Hi LZ,

We can control the behavior of copy to bin in Visual Studio:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/t1zz5y8c.aspx

So it is not a feature or a bug.

Best regards,

Ego

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 6:32 AM
  • Hi,

Disley: I have multiple project not only simple web project.
    Ego: Yes, I'm aware of this function that's why I mentioned I marked it as "Copy to Local"

More specifically, I have n-tier application which has a couple tiers, in short:
     # DAL, I use NHibernate as ORM for data access (NHibernate.dll, Iesi.Collections.dll and Castle.Core.dll)
     # BLL has a reference to DAL
     # UI has a reference to BLL

The funny thing is VS 2010 and VS 2011 Beta versions did the good job which means collecting and copying all "Copy to Local" project references to the final web project bin folder, but VS 2012 RC did not.

In my case, it does copy all related *.dll files, but Iesi.Collections.dll. This reference is quite important for NHibernate and without it I can't test my application. I turned back to VS 2010, because it stop development and just curious if any body has the same problem as mine.

Regards,
    LZ

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 9:17 AM
  • Hi LZ,

You can try to remove these references and add them again. Then rebuild your projects. Can they work normally?

Best regards,

Ego

• Marked as answer by Manh Hung Chu Wednesday, June 6, 2012 2:58 PM
    Tuesday, June 5, 2012 9:40 AM
  • Thank Ego, it works.
    Wednesday, June 6, 2012 2:58 PM