none
.NET 2.0 and .NET 2.0a and all the rest... RRS feed

• Question

• Good luck finding a solution for any of them.  In the veritable wisdom of all things developer, 2.0 was largely installed as system components and thus when avide updates are applied, bits and pieces of 2.0 (some of it 2.0a back in the day of XP Home) were replaced.

Obviously 3.0 and 3.5 now 4.0 should REPLACE all of this, but alas, the developers went far to crazy making everything look for 2.0 and the tools from the SDK, so if 2.0 is corrupt, just good luck trying to get some of it back.

Sour apples, yes.  Have been fighting one critical machine installation and its clones over the 2.0 issue for years.  Always sometihng new.  Always someplace else to go.  In the meantime, M/S re-designs the support site, making it move difficult to search.  Would it be any trouble to ask for and get specific downloads/question/KB instead of a gargled-google of useless references.  I mean when one asks for '.NET Framework v2.0 50727' it seems rationale that the returns should be limited to the query.

Enough to make me gag.

Mwaaah
    Sunday, June 5, 2011 4:22 AM

Answers

• Hi Mwaaah,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Could you please let me know what your concern is? Is your concern that you think it is hard to get or ask for a specific downloads/question/KB?

In fact, .NET Framework 3.5 and .NET Framework 3.0 is the extension of .NET Framework 2.0. They have a same CLR. .NET Framework 3.5 and .NET Framework 3.0 just expand more features and assemblies of .NET Framework 2.0. Thus if your .NET Framework 2.0 is corrupt, maybe some application depended on .NET Framework 3.0 or .NET Framework 3.5 will have some problems. For .NET Framework 4, it is a separate version of .NET Framework. It have a new CLR, version 4.0, which is different from .NET Framework 3.5,3.0, or 2.0. If your .NET Framework 2.0 is corrupt, you can download it here: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=19

If you have any other concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Alexander Sun [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Alexander Sun Wednesday, June 29, 2011 10:11 AM
    Wednesday, June 8, 2011 6:06 AM

All replies

• Sorry you're frustrated.

If you have any speciific question or issue installing a .NET Framework, we'll be glad to try to help.

Sunday, June 5, 2011 1:58 PM
  • Hi Mwaaah,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Could you please let me know what your concern is? Is your concern that you think it is hard to get or ask for a specific downloads/question/KB?

In fact, .NET Framework 3.5 and .NET Framework 3.0 is the extension of .NET Framework 2.0. They have a same CLR. .NET Framework 3.5 and .NET Framework 3.0 just expand more features and assemblies of .NET Framework 2.0. Thus if your .NET Framework 2.0 is corrupt, maybe some application depended on .NET Framework 3.0 or .NET Framework 3.5 will have some problems. For .NET Framework 4, it is a separate version of .NET Framework. It have a new CLR, version 4.0, which is different from .NET Framework 3.5,3.0, or 2.0. If your .NET Framework 2.0 is corrupt, you can download it here: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=19

If you have any other concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Alexander Sun [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Alexander Sun Wednesday, June 29, 2011 10:11 AM
    Wednesday, June 8, 2011 6:06 AM