Webmatrix and VB questions? RRS feed

• Question

• User1380208543 posted

Hi, 

I'm wondering if Webmatrix and with it, VB scripting in the same will continue to be supported? 

I mean, if I start using Webmatrix with VB and I also use it for my PHP dev, will I have to later learn 

C Sharp and start all over? I love VB as it's much more natural to me and I've been working with 

VB in one form or another for many years.. I'm old and you know what they say about teaching an 

old dog new tricks.. :-) 

Thanks

Lee

Friday, May 8, 2015 4:10 AM

Answers

• User-821857111 posted

WebMatrix itself is no longer actively being developed. If you want to use the Web Pages framework for your development, you should use Visual Studio, unless you are OK with the odd bug in WebMatrix. You can certainly continue to use VB. Web Pages 3 supports it. 

There will be a new version of Web Pages as part of ASP.NET 5. How that will look is not known at the moment. I would expect some kind of preview being made available a bit later in the summer. It has just been announced that VB will also be supported in ASP.NET 5.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, May 8, 2015 6:54 AM

All replies

• User13850534 posted

Webmatrix is working with vb/c# and any .net function. you don't have to learn another language to use it

Friday, May 8, 2015 4:22 AM
  • User-821857111 posted

WebMatrix itself is no longer actively being developed. If you want to use the Web Pages framework for your development, you should use Visual Studio, unless you are OK with the odd bug in WebMatrix. You can certainly continue to use VB. Web Pages 3 supports it. 

There will be a new version of Web Pages as part of ASP.NET 5. How that will look is not known at the moment. I would expect some kind of preview being made available a bit later in the summer. It has just been announced that VB will also be supported in ASP.NET 5.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, May 8, 2015 6:54 AM