FYI German Customers , we found a localization issue related to the hierarchy explorer page under security and user group permissions . RRS feed

• Question

• Recently, I received few requests from German customers about the Silverlight not loading up under hierarchy section in user and group permissions functions as shown in below screenshot . if you are facing this , the fix is on the way in SP2 version ( as this is related to localization ) and the CU's doesn't have localized builds .

Anyways, please perform the following steps for a quick fix until we release Sp2 .

1. Navigate to this location on your machine ,  “C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\130\Master Data Services\WebApplication\App_GlobalResources” and open strings.de.resx file
    2. Search for the text “MenuItemModifiedBy”      in the file and change the value from “Geändert von "{0}" ” to “Geändert      von {0} ( observe the apostrophe to be removed from {0} ) .
    3. Make sure you restart your IIS , clear the browser cache by using F12 developer tools
    4. Navigate to the hierarchy explorer page and observe Silverlight loading the data

let me know if you have any questions .

thanks,

sunny

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 5:17 AM

Answers

• In our installation the text is: Geändert von "{0}"

changing it to Geändert von "'{0}'" did not work

changing to Geändert von {0} works!

the silverlight renders correctly

thank you very much

Christoph

• Proposed as answer by Christoph Bohne Thursday, June 15, 2017 7:08 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Christoph Bohne Thursday, June 15, 2017 7:13 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Christoph Bohne Thursday, June 15, 2017 7:13 PM
    • Marked as answer by AV111Editor Thursday, January 18, 2018 3:43 PM
    Thursday, June 15, 2017 7:07 PM
  • Thanks Christoph for the confirmation , due to some localization changes , earlier single quotes were modified to double quotes and causing Silverlight to break .

as you mentioned changing it back to {0} will work . I will edit the post accordingly .

thanks,

sunny

Friday, June 16, 2017 6:40 AM

All replies

• In our installation the text is: Geändert von "{0}"

changing it to Geändert von "'{0}'" did not work

changing to Geändert von {0} works!

the silverlight renders correctly

thank you very much

Christoph

• Proposed as answer by Christoph Bohne Thursday, June 15, 2017 7:08 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Christoph Bohne Thursday, June 15, 2017 7:13 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Christoph Bohne Thursday, June 15, 2017 7:13 PM
    • Marked as answer by AV111Editor Thursday, January 18, 2018 3:43 PM
    Thursday, June 15, 2017 7:07 PM
  • Thanks Christoph for the confirmation , due to some localization changes , earlier single quotes were modified to double quotes and causing Silverlight to break .

as you mentioned changing it back to {0} will work . I will edit the post accordingly .

thanks,

sunny

Friday, June 16, 2017 6:40 AM
  • Thank you! helped me to solve this issue here!

Bodo

Thursday, September 28, 2017 11:44 AM