Map functionality in SharePoint RRS feed

• Question

• Hello , I have a requirement to implement map functionality in sharepoint intranet site.  The requirement is , To display all locations of the store  in a particular country MAP when user selects particular contry and particular retail store. For example: If I select 'walmart' and USA as a country then it should display all locations of walmart in a map with some indication in map and when user hover over the mouse over that it should display address and some links..etc.

I know this is very known functionality but i never implemented same , i am seeking help on the same, so kindly share your thoughts and experience.  

How to implement this functionality? what technology is  good fit ? Is it Silverlight or HTML5 with Jquery/Javascript??

Do we need to buy google map/bingmap for the same to get the map image OR do we need to have image of world map ( static image in picture lib)  I don't know the approach for the same. I guess we need to build map control which get the x & y coordinators of the image based on mouse move events and then place a note ( hotspot ) etc. but i am not sure. If someone can share step by step solution approach for the same that will be really great help.

Do we have any third party tools/webparts available in market for sharepoint?  ( Zoom in & Zoom out  are not required)

What customer need is,  basic functionality which should country map with alll locations of the selected store.  So request you to help me .

thanks in advance .

nivas

Saturday, June 9, 2012 7:26 AM

Answers

All replies