none
Setting up Scripts to run on Web Apps Automatically RRS feed

• Question

I'm a single person trying to set up a few relatively small websites on Azure and I'm completely lost. Is there someone I can talk to to help me get set up?

2 wordpress sites, plus one static generated site (using Hexo). The 2 WP sites should be pretty standard. The static site I have a Git Repo for. I want to be able to commit my changes and have the site generated and overwrite the files that need to be changed, and I also want to be able to automatically have the generation script run every day at a certain time so I can "schedule" posts.

I just get so lost in all the jargon used by Azure or S3 because the cloud is such a different world than a standard single-LAMP-server host.

Also, is it possible to hook into WP or the generation script to inform your CDN of changes to files so we can keep practically everything in the CDN and let it know when it needs to make updates?

Thanks,

@AzureSupport

Friday, April 15, 2016 8:25 PM

All replies

• Hi Dani,

Have you looked at WebJobs? Run Background tasks with WebJobs

They are ususally my go-to solution when it comes to having something automatically run in the background. They are essentially scripts or console programs that can run at regularly scheduled intervals to do whatever you may need. They share resources with web apps in the same "App Service" at no extra charge.

Friday, April 15, 2016 11:41 PM
  • This is really one of the last things I need. When I get into the Azure admin, I can't even figure out how to just set up a basic html file web server, let alone a Wordpress site. I need the sites up before I worry about any of this and I'd just love to find a guide for how to get started with this or be able to talk with someone who can walk me through it.
    Saturday, April 16, 2016 2:44 AM