Tutorials Geared to Blend 2.x? RRS feed

• Question

• Blend newbie here...

Am I letting myself in for trouble by using Blend 3 first when the recorded demos/tutorials use Blend 2.x?

e.g....

http://expression.microsoft.com/en-us/dd334539.aspx

At 0:45, Jory says to select "edit control parts" after right mouse clicking on the control in the Objects pane. Did the capture program not visually record the menu? Does this option not exist in Blend 3, rather it's morphed into another feature/navigation metaphor?

How to recreate this in Blend 3 or should I revert to Blend 2
    in order to benefit from most recorded demonstrations?

Thank you.
    Monday, February 1, 2010 7:28 PM

Answers

• Hi,
         If you see the video closely, it did capture the context menu and it overlaps with the "Errors / Output" pane (not sure why). Option to edit control parts is available in Blend 3 and you do it by using any of the following ways:

1. Right click on the control in Objects and Timeline pane and select "Edit Template --> Edit a Copy"
     2. Select the control on artboard, right click and select "Edit Template --> Edit a Copy"
     3. Select the control on artboard and from Objects menu in Toolbar select "Edit Template --> Edit a Copy"

Also, I will suggest you to continue using Blend 3 as it has lot more features and is way improved over previous versions of Blend.

Thanks,
    Navit Saxena
    Monday, February 1, 2010 11:08 PM

All replies

• Hi,
         If you see the video closely, it did capture the context menu and it overlaps with the "Errors / Output" pane (not sure why). Option to edit control parts is available in Blend 3 and you do it by using any of the following ways:

1. Right click on the control in Objects and Timeline pane and select "Edit Template --> Edit a Copy"
     2. Select the control on artboard, right click and select "Edit Template --> Edit a Copy"
     3. Select the control on artboard and from Objects menu in Toolbar select "Edit Template --> Edit a Copy"

Also, I will suggest you to continue using Blend 3 as it has lot more features and is way improved over previous versions of Blend.

Thanks,
    Navit Saxena
    Monday, February 1, 2010 11:08 PM
  • Thanks Navit.
    I certainly appreciate the quick reply.
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 2:55 PM