none
NameSpace can't find the Microsoft.Kinect after click run RRS feed

• Question

• hi,first add the microsoft.Kinect reference and write the code "using Microsoft.Kinect;" . However, click the run button,the programm can't find the Kinect in Microsoft namespace. Thank you!
    Wednesday, November 19, 2014 11:30 AM

Answers

• As mentioned in other threads and the documentation, the v2 SDK has no support for the V1 sensor. If you have code based on V1, the porting effort should be straight forward to replace instances of streams to create sources and readers.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Friday, November 21, 2014 8:40 PM

All replies

• Do the samples work? If so, which assembly .dll are you adding? You can use the NuGet packages to make that easier to add the right one for the project:

http://www.nuget.org/profiles/KinectForWindowsTeam

If you are building a store application, you have to ensure you are using the extension and not referencing the .dll's.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn799310.aspx

Additionally, if you are using Express SKU of Visual Studio, then you need to ensure you are using the Desktop version. You may be better served using the new community edition to remove that confusion.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 7:46 PM
  • Color Basics and Body Basics both work well.

the dll file is as follow:

Thank you!

Thursday, November 20, 2014 1:32 PM
  • missing screenshot? Can you provide more detail on which samples you are using WPF or Xaml?

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Thursday, November 20, 2014 6:05 PM
  • At first, I used sdk1.7 to develop applications.Now the program have to upgrade to sdk2.0.So I modified the

program.You know, there are many differences between sdk1.7 and sdk2.0. Even the kinect.dll can't be found.

Fortunately, the Demos can run well,I prepare to create a new project instead of modifing the program.Thank you! 

Friday, November 21, 2014 2:58 AM
  • As mentioned in other threads and the documentation, the v2 SDK has no support for the V1 sensor. If you have code based on V1, the porting effort should be straight forward to replace instances of streams to create sources and readers.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Friday, November 21, 2014 8:40 PM
  • Yes,I am coding on V2 now.Thank you!
    Saturday, November 22, 2014 4:48 AM