LS2012: Create deployment package: PublishSchema fails couldn't find .sql file RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having difficulty creating a package for a LightSwitch web app project.
    The application publishes fine to the web server (which is also the SQL server) when I'm connected directly to my corporate network.

Whilst working remotely however we do not have VPN access but have to use Citrix and naturally I have no way to use VS2012 via Citrix.

So, to deploy a new version of my LS2012 app I tried to create a package file which I would then copy to the server then deploy the package in a remote desktop session on the server which can be achieved through our Citrix setup. 

What I'm finding though is that if I indicate that the database already exists the publish wizard gives an error message that the "PublishSchema" task failed because it could not find the <application>.sql file.
    It's exactly the same as this thread from beta1; 

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/08c0f224-9530-462e-a625-06547d50cfc8/publishschema-task-failed-unexpectedly

I suspect it's looking for the SQL file that the "Create DB" option would have created.
    So it appears I'm stumped if I want to deploy remotely to an existing application.

Cheers Chris

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 7:39 PM

All replies