none
Registered owner of Visual Studio changed.

Question

• Not sure if this is related, but I connected my Visual Studio Online to use Azure AD.   I then noticed my account name as a Yellow Bang.   Clicking on my name gives me:

An error has occurred and we can no longer retrieve user information for <old defunct account name>', Please reenter your credentials for this account.

Attempting to log in with the correct account gives me an error.   Can't log into the old account it's no longer valid.

This appears on all machines where I have Visual Studio installed.   Reinstalling doesn't help.

I downloaded all the software logged in with my correct account, not the defunct account.   

I modified the registry replacing the old email address with the new one.   That changes the email address in the error, but the error remains.

Saturday, March 19, 2016 8:03 PM

Answers

• Hi Randall Edick,

Does your Visual Studio is version 2015 and you operate your account on the Account settings page on right-top of Visual Studio?

Please try click the Add new account hyperlink to add your correct account to check whether it can sign.

And please try connect to your VSO account from Team menu -> Connect to Team Foundation Server to add your correct account in Add/Remove Team Foundation Server windows as below image shows.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 6:30 AM

All replies

• Hi Randall Edick,

Thank you for your post.

This forum is discuss Visual Studio Setup and installation.

As your issue is related to visual studio general questions ,I help you move this case to  Visual
    Studio general questions
    forum for dedicated support.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, March 21, 2016 2:54 AM
  • Hi Randall Edick,

Does your Visual Studio is version 2015 and you operate your account on the Account settings page on right-top of Visual Studio?

Please try click the Add new account hyperlink to add your correct account to check whether it can sign.

And please try connect to your VSO account from Team menu -> Connect to Team Foundation Server to add your correct account in Add/Remove Team Foundation Server windows as below image shows.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 6:30 AM