none
Kernel Mode Driver Framework Runtime RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm currently having latency problems while running a program I use for djing (Traktor). I've run latency test and the main problem comes from this Kernel Mode Driver Framework Runtime which is checking high maximum latency rates and I would like tu disable it if posible.
    I've done some research but haven't found what is this driver's use.

Anyone knows what is this driver for? Can I disable it without generating any problems? How?
    Saturday, March 19, 2016 2:37 AM

Answers

• Hi FedeN,

>>I'm currently having latencyproblems while running a program

Is your program build with .NET Framework?

>>Anyone knows what is this driver for?

Information about Kernel Mode Driver Framework Runtime, link below is the KB link.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2685811

>>Can I disable it without generating any problems?

It depends on whether your application has used the functions provided by the driver.

Best Regards,
    Li Wang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, March 21, 2016 6:55 AM
  • The USB 3.0 driver stack on Windows 8 requires Kernel Mode Driver Framework, so you'll lose USB3 if you somehow manage to disable KMDF. No doubt Microsoft is expanding the use of KMDF in other drivers as well.

If you're asking about drivers, I think the WDK forum is more appropriate than the CLR forum.

Monday, March 21, 2016 2:19 PM

All replies

• Hi FedeN,

>>I'm currently having latencyproblems while running a program

Is your program build with .NET Framework?

>>Anyone knows what is this driver for?

Information about Kernel Mode Driver Framework Runtime, link below is the KB link.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2685811

>>Can I disable it without generating any problems?

It depends on whether your application has used the functions provided by the driver.

Best Regards,
    Li Wang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, March 21, 2016 6:55 AM
  • The USB 3.0 driver stack on Windows 8 requires Kernel Mode Driver Framework, so you'll lose USB3 if you somehow manage to disable KMDF. No doubt Microsoft is expanding the use of KMDF in other drivers as well.

If you're asking about drivers, I think the WDK forum is more appropriate than the CLR forum.

Monday, March 21, 2016 2:19 PM
  • Hi there, just ran a latency test and that same Kernel was giving me issues as well.....just wondering did you disable it? and if so did it fix you sound issues?
    Wednesday, April 18, 2018 6:14 AM
  • wondering the same, can you help guys?
    Monday, November 19, 2018 11:48 PM