none
SharePoint Search Result

Question

• Hi dears,

I have share point 2016 standard and I am using it for Enterprise Search Everything is OK but while file name is so long I can not get any result or if I search for 23-5465464-654.jpg photo I will get no result but when remove this part 5465464-654 and just 23 remaining I get the result how to make to give me the result whatever image or PDF name was 

Thanks for any help 

baban jamal ali

Thursday, May 23, 2019 9:46 AM

All replies

• did you try to enclose file name with double quotes, i.e. "23-5465464-654" instead of just 23-5465464-654.

Blog - http://sadomovalex.blogspot.com
    Dynamic CAML queries via C# - https://github.com/sadomovalex/camlex

Thursday, May 23, 2019 2:21 PM
  • yes I did its same

baban jamal ali

Thursday, May 23, 2019 7:06 PM
  • but if I go to advance search and search for same file I will get it if select any 

baban jamal ali

Thursday, May 23, 2019 9:45 PM
  • Hi baban,

Please check the following things to narrow down your issue:

1. Go to Central Administration > Manage service applications > Search Service Application > Crawl Log and check if there is any error.

2. Check if the files you want to search for have been successfully crawled. 

3. Check if there is custom query rule that prevent search results from being shown in the search service application.

Best regards

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, May 24, 2019 8:55 AM
  • Hi Dear Chelsea Wu,

Thanks for your reply actually I checked and I have no any error and same file if I go to advanced search and select any I will see this file in result but users can not these kind of files in search result even they have permission 

baban jamal ali

Friday, May 24, 2019 12:26 PM
  • Hi baban,

Please make sure you don’t have unique permission on the search result page.

Go to Library Setting > Advanced Setting and click “Reindex Document Library”. Search again and see if the issue remains.

Please run a full crawl in Search Service Application after you upload any file to the site and check if search works properly.

You can refer to the article below for more information.

Not getting the search results you’re looking for in SharePoint?

https://support.office.com/en-ie/article/not-getting-the-search-results-you-re-looking-for-in-sharepoint-d80687f7-1010-4e6d-add9-584b423289d9

Best regards

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, May 27, 2019 8:29 AM
  • Hi Dear Chelsea Wu ,

thanks so much again for your reply actually I did all of these and my issue is same I thinks its share point issue that can not bring a file if it contain any symbols in middle even I put it in double quotation still same but if I remove the symbols I can get that file in result ex : if I search for  23_100020003000 I will get nothing but if I remove the symbol or put (\) before the symbol I can get the same file without any issue it so I think the issue is that share point search can not accept symbols maybe I should write special query for that but I do not know how I wanna my search box accept any files with symbols 

Regards,

baban jamal ali

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 7:59 AM
  • Hi baban,

I have run several tests in my SharePoint 2013 environment with following steps:

1. Upload some images and add symbols (“-” or “_”) to the filenames.

2. Run a full crawl in Search Service Application in Central Administration.

3. Search for images whose filenames contain symbols.

4. All related results return without error.

Please make sure you have typed the symbol with English input method. Retype the file names with English input method and then run a full crawl. Search again and see the result.

Best regards

Chelsea Wu

Friday, May 31, 2019 9:18 AM